Well, this post was supposed to be a tutorial. I did a demo of my piped binding technique at the Jacksonville Modern Quilt Guild meeting yesterday. I promised the ladies that I would post a tutorial with step by step photos. This morning I was unpacking all my stuff from the meeting yesterday and apparently I left my bag with all my necessary tools at the shop where we had our meeting. I had a quilt I wanted to bind today and I was going to take pictures of every step for the tutorial. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to do it without my tools. The two most important tools are my #10 edge stitch foot and #32 pin tuck foot. The #10 foot made it home with my sewing machine, but the #32 foot was in the bag with all my tools. Fortunately, I had purchased up a #31 pin tuck foot at my Bernina dealer yesterday so that I could use larger cording. Since I had the required feet, I decided to give it a go and substituted other tools that worked out very well. I worked all day on the quilt in the photo, between various household chores, taking pictures every step of the way. I sat down just now to review the pictures and get them organized for the tutorial and much to my surprise, the SD card was full and none of the pictures I took were captured. I am so sorry ladies.
I promise I will finish up the Quilt for Boston and take pictures of the binding process. It is my next project in the que. The binding is already done and uses a faux piping, but the technique is basically the same.
Check back in a week. I still have all the quilting to do!